References to The Wizard of Oz (1939) in Farscape
All I want is to find a way home.
At this point I don’t feel like I have anything left in me but heavy sighs when it comes to Kurt and Blaine and the direction Glee is taking them in.
I just said this on twitter, so forgive me for being repetitive if you follow me there, but I just want this show to end with Kurt and Blaine still being a couple I actually want to see together.Their relationship has been literally nothing but a series of bumps in the road and a lot of stops with few starts since the end of season three. At some point I’m just gonna stop caring because this is not showing me two people who belong together, it’s showing me two people who would like to be happy together but haven’t yet found out how to be.
No relationship is perfect, but 2+ years is a long time to put into a relationship that at no point you’re actually happy or satisfied with the other person in (while actually being in the same location). Glee has not yet given me the impression that Kurt or Blaine is happy with what they’re getting from each other, and it sounds like that’s the road they’re going to continue down.
I could get philosophical about Kurt and Blaine themselves but the truth is that it’s a group of writers in a room somewhere planning this out and ‘Kurt and Blaine’ can only work as much as the show wants to or lets them work. I’m not a psychic or a mind reader but judging from that interview it sure sounds like letting them be happy together is not in the plans for the actual tv show.
Instead of some longwinded rant I’m just going to say no and leave it at that.
No but like what’s with tumblr’s distance towards Glee? Like what makes Glee less cool than Supernatural or Doctor Who? Cause people sing and stuff??? YOU GUYS GOT A SHOWS THAT HAS A GUY SAY “TIMEY WIMEY” AND SHIT
BUT GLEE IS SO LAME APPARENTLY LOL
It’s because we’re the only show where the gay couple is actually canon and they’re all jealous because our OTP makes out in the back of a car.
1) Don’t over think it. I mean make sure what you’re having them do is physically possible of course but don’t sit there and plot it out. Your characters will let you know what they want to do.
2) Be specific. Don’t use overly flowery language to try to be coy with what you’re talking about. Your characters are fucking. Let them fuck. Which isn’t to say that they can’t make love or that it can’t be romantic and soft but come on, no one thinks the use of manhood is an acceptable term for cock.
Similarly with adjectives, they can certainly help but use too many of them and you have things like his quivering sheathed manhood. Again, not pretty. It’s hard to say how to describe it but flowery language does not, in my opinion, make for a good NC-17 scene. It’s like you want there to be an adult scene but you’re put off by adult language. And that’s not sexy.
I find the best way to describe these scenes is to be honest, not always blunt but not to try to be coy. Say what’s happening and then go back and add in adjectives as necessary.
3) Above all, go and read porn. I know right? Awesome tip. Go and read fic with sex scenes and adult scenes and find ones you like. Look at how they write and what they’re saying that makes you like it. Obviously everyone likes their porn a different way but discovering what you LIKE to read and like to see makes it so much easier to write yourself. Once you know “hey I like using the word cock” or my current personal favourite (and Mandeh’s) “hey saying he has a chubby in his pants is really hot” you start to become more familiar and comfortable with using sexual scenes and language in your own writing and then it feels very natural. And that’s good.
I have way too many ideas on how to write porn. But I hope this helps anon! And I’ll say, Mandeh, as my official co-porninator if you have anything you’d like to add as well?
4) Try not to be too repetitive, and keep in mind what realistic sex looks like. Obviously sometimes you just want the fantasy of porn but there are other things that are realistic that just add to it. Like positions - in my experience, sex is rarely just going at it in one position for a stretched out length of time. Personally, I also find little touches like someone stopping or slowing down because they’re too close really hot.
5) Don’t ignore the mess. Sex is messy and sometimes the mess is fun. I feel let down when I read 3k of a sex scene and it ends with “and Kurt came.” If they’re going bare, describe what it’s like. If they’re using a condom, describe that, too. If you’re writing marathon sex then you don’t need to every time, of course, but… I’m a fan.
6) Dirty talk is good - if you think that’s what the character would say. I mean, you’ve got a lot of creative license there since we don’t actually see any of these people legitimately having sex, but I appreciate porn that still seems in character to me.
7) Count your limbs. This kind of goes back to what Mav said about things being physically possible, but from personal experience - it’s important to count the limbs. You get overly eager and end up with five hands doing different things if you’re not careful.
8) Foreplay is just as useful in fic as it is in real life. I enjoy the sex so much better when there’s been a delicious build up and it’s not straight to dicks in asses every time.
remember that time that glee went on tour and chris spent 40+ days trying to get darren to break character and crack on stage
and how all it took was one kiss from darren to get chris to crack
remember how we all lost our shits after that
and how we all never really recovered?